Monday, July 23, 2012

Coconut waffles :p

Here is something to make to get rid of that coconut from the German chocolate cake!
Well, coconut waffles are worth buying coconut specially for....
Here's my recipe, it's adapted from my family's waffle recipe.

Ingredients: 
-2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 Tablespoon of sugar (cane, maple, or honey[I use honey])
-2 cups of milk (I used unsweetened almond milk, but cows or coconut would work!)
-1/2 cup of coconut oil (You CAN use other oil, but the waffles will be less coconutty!)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-2 eggs (separated)

1. Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar if you are using a dry form, otherwise add with the milk)
2. Add the milk to the dry ingredients, followed by the oil, vanilla, and egg yolks.
3. Start up the waffle iron.
4. Whisk the egg whites until they are stiff, and fold in to the batter.
5. Pour 1/5th of the batter in to your waffle iron. I should specify that I use a Belgian waffle iron, so the 1/5th portion is in relation to that.
6. Cool for about 5-10 minutes, or until the steam is subsiding.
And ta-da!
Eat with fruit, nuts, and or maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment